Wednesday 31 July 2013

시드니 !

Two fabulous Sydney food experiences.

Last Thursday I went to Xage, a Vietnamese restaurant in the Surry Hills. The regular clientele must be a fairly ghastly bunch: the waiter warned us that the pork shoulder was fatty, and sounded as if she’d apologized over this before. It was fatty, and gloriously slow: Caramelised slow-cooked berkshire pork shoulder thit kho.




And Koreatown! Did you know 시드니 has one? It’s a part of Pitt Street. I had lunch at a all-day and all-night outfit. (I would call it cheap and cheerful, but they made food good enough there was no need for them to waste time being cheerful; we queued up and begged to be treated with a suitable contempt). If I’d had friends with me I’d have ordered one of the massive piles of fried chicken everyone else was enjoying. Alone, the banchan were pleasure enough.








No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis